FST is a form of assisted stretch therapy on the table that can help increase your flexibility, reduce aches and pains, and improve athletic performance while making your workouts more effective. FST is very different than what we think of as traditional stretching or bodywork, in that it is more functional and dynamic. Unlike traditional stretching or bodywork that only attempts work on muscles, FST engages the entire myofascial system by targeting muscles as well as their neighboring joints, ligaments, tendons, and bones.
Fascia, the spider web like connective tissue found in, around, and between the joints, muscles, and ligaments is the most prevalent tissue in the body. The health and function of your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain, and spinal cord are all a direct result of the condition of your fascia. FST helps to “unwind” fascia, which is full of nerves, reducing pressure between joints and the pain associated with it, while releasing joint-lubricating synovial fluid that improves the flexibility of muscles.
Did you know …
- 47% of your Flexibility is locked up in your joint capsule
- 42% of your Flexibility potential is in your fascia
- Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body yet it is the least understood by your doctor, therapist and trainer.
- The health and function of all joints & muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia.
- Healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain & spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia.
- Clinic studies have shown FST can increase flexibility by up to 52% in just one session.
- Athletes in a FST program have been found to recover more quickly between training sessions and gain an improved active range of motion than with other stretching methods.
- FST helps with proper body alignment and posture, increases circulation and energy, and improves muscle, nerve, and joint function.
- FST is a crucial form of body therapy, as there is no supplement or medication that helps improve the state of fascia in the body and exercise alone does not optimally balance, align, or improve fascia.
“Your fascia reacts to all stress- physical, mental, and emotional- by tightening & stiffening. Since fascia covers every muscle – from all of your organs to the circulatory system to the brain & nervous system to the musculoskeletal system and more- your whole body is at risk to react to stress by tightening & stiffening. When your fascia is left unattended to, aging of the body, mind and spirit accelerates, function decreases & quality of life deteriorates” -Ann & Chris Frederick: Creators of FST
Effects of untreated fascia:
- Decreased joint space can lead to degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis & more.
- Increased muscle tone can lead to trigger points, strain, tendonitis, tears & more.
- Increased nervous tissue tone can lead to headaches, trigger points, muscle tightness & more.
- Increased scar tissue formation.
- Decreased blood flow, decreased energy, increased fatigue & more.
Solution- Fascial Stretch Therapy™ (FST)
“Since stress causes fascial tightening, the solution is fascial stretching”
Features of FST™:
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns and re-organizes your fascia.
- Increases joint space.
- Eliminates trigger points.
- Improves muscle activation & relaxation.
- Improves flexibility on the first session & becomes cumulative with multiple sessions.
- We teach you how to maintain optimal fascial flexibility after we identify & eliminate the problems.
Benefits of FST™:
- Improved posture & functional ability to do what you couldn’t do before.
- No pain allows you to finally enjoy a life of quality.
- Restoration of normal joint space is anti-aging at its best- youthful movement without pain!
- Reduces injuries so you can get on with your goals in fitness, recreation & sports.
If you have a lack of flexibility it will lead to increases in RISK OF INJURY, MUSCLE OVER TRAINING, RECOVERY TIME, PAIN and DECREASED ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. FST will increase STRENGTH, SPEED, POWER, AGILITY, BALANCE and RECOVERY.